Ron's practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, including the representation of both public and private companies in various financing transactions, including private placements, IPOs and follow on public offerings. He also advises clients with respect to ongoing corporate governance and disclosure matters, including compliance with Securities Exchange Act of 1934 requirements, stock exchange listing standards and Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Dodd-Frank Act compliance. Ron frequently advises Israeli and other international companies that seek to have their securities traded in the United States on various exchanges including Nasdaq, NYSE and OTC. In addition to advising clients on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters, Ron regularly advises private companies, as well as broker-dealers and placement agents, in venture capital financing transactions.
Ron also has extensive experience in the representation of investment banks and broker-dealers in public offerings and private placements, including compliance with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) obligations.
During law school, Ron interned in the Division of Enforcement at FINRA. In addition, Ron was awarded a Citation of Excellence in Securities Clinical Courses from Hofstra University School of Law.
Representative Client Work
- Counsel to Sales Agent in a $700 million At-The-Market (ATM) public offering of common stock of a leading clinical stage and commercial biopharmaceutical company
- Issuer counsel in a $75 million At-The-Market (ATM) public offering of common stock of a leading developer of placenta-based cell therapy products
- Issuer counsel in a $28.6 private placement of preferred stock of a Nasdaq listed leading global digital health company with mobile health and big data solutions
- Placement agent counsel in a $49.8 million offering of common stock and warrants of a Canadian issuer that is one of the largest and longest-operating, vertically integrated greenhouse growers in North America
- Placement agent counsel in a $16 million offering of common stock and warrants by a company that markets and sells a wide variety of complementary products and services to customers operating in the regulated medical and recreational cannabis and cannabidiol (CBD) industries
- Issuer counsel in a $21 million offering of common stock and warrants by a leading developer of placenta-based cell therapy products
- Issuer counsel in a $56 million Series A financing of a private biotech company committed to developing vaccines against pathogens acquired by mucosal infection
- Issuer counsel in a $50 million private placement of preferred stock by a private clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing novel, locally administered therapies
- Underwriter counsel in a $16 million public offering by a late-stage biotechnology company developing immunotherapies that enlist the body's own immune system to fight cancer
- Underwriter counsel in a $8 million public offering of common stock and warrants by an immuno-pharma company focused on the research and development of therapeutics to treat multiple types of cancers
- Underwriter counsel in a $7 million offering of common stock and warrants by a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on adjunctive cancer care and critical care drug products
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
Press ReleaseJanuary 9, 2020
Client AlertSeptember 26, 2019