Maura's practice focuses on sophisticated estate planning for high-net-worth individuals (HNWI), including the preparation of wills, trusts, and prenuptial agreements; lifetime wealth transfer strategies, including the use of leveraging techniques such as grantor retained annuity trusts, sales to intentionally-defective grantor trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts; estate and trust administration, including the preparation of estate and gift tax returns and handling of probate court matters; and charitable planning, including establishing charitable trusts and foundations and assisting organizations that wish to obtain tax-exempt status.
Before joining Sullivan, Maura was in the Private Client Group of another Boston firm and served as a law clerk to the Honorable George A. O’Toole Jr. of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Bar & Court Admissions
- J.D., Yale Law School
- M.App.Sci., with distinction, James Cook University
- B.S., summa cum laude, Wake Forest University
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Women's Leadership Program, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
Awards & Honors
- Boston Magazine 2021 Top Lawyers, Trusts and Estates (2021)
Press ReleaseNovember 24, 2021
Law360, QuotedOctober 24, 2018
Seminars & Presentations
- Gifting Art and Renting it Back
Worthy Circles - Webinar (September 14, 2021)