Tehila has considerable experience in relation to Chinese and Israeli law, as well as a deep understanding of the Chinese language and culture. She has over 10 years’ experience in the Chinese market, managing the legal services provided to both Israeli companies doing business in China, and Chinese companies doing business in Israel. She also advises Chinese companies and investors in connection with their activities in Israel, as well as offers close professional support to Chinese companies in litigation proceedings in Israel.
In China, Tehila focuses on the establishment of companies, consulting and accompanying the negotiations in joint ventures in China, China-Israel cross-border transactions, Chinese foreign direct investment, international projects and investment, M&A, commercialization of technologies and general corporate counseling. She has broad experience in counseling Israeli, U.S., and global companies through all stages of M&A transactions, including due diligence in China, and routinely provides legal services to companies in the high-tech, technology, and life sciences sectors.
Tehila lectures before various forums in Israel and in China (including some of the top academic institutions) on the legal aspects of doing business in China, Chinese investments in Israel, doing business in Israel, and Israeli technology and innovation.
In addition, she writes professional articles in the field of Chinese law and regulation, and is the editor of the blogs: “Israelis Doing Business in China” and “Chinese Doing Business in Israel,” and serves as the Chairperson of the relations committee with Shanghai, Tel-Aviv district, Israeli Bar Association.
*Tehila is a partner with the Israel law firm, Har-Even & Co., which is affiliated with Sullivan & Worcester LLP.
Representative Client Work
- Represented P-Cure Ltd. in its establishment of a JV in China with a Chinese investor at a value of USD 50 M.
- Represents Hamlet (Israel – Canada), a large Israeli company that develops and manufactures mechanical accessories for industrial control and monitoring systems, in the acquisition of a large Chinese company that manufactures valves and connectors for large Chinese companies in the industrial sector. The legal service included due diligence (DD) and legal advice on transaction documents, purchase agreement and subsequent registration procedures. In addition, advising the company with respect to land evacuation and compensation agreements and an investment agreement for the construction of a new plant. The transaction is estimated at NIS 70 million.
- Represents Telit Communications PLC, a multinational IOT corporation, in the acquisition of a Chinese IOT company. The legal service included due diligence and legal advice on the transaction documents, purchase agreement and the subsequent registration procedures. In addition, she provides ongoing legal services for the company.
- Represents MIS Implants Technologies, a multinational dental corporation, in the establishment of a company in China and Hong Kong. The legal representation included obtaining type 2 and type 3 licenses for the sale of medical products in China and ongoing representation of the company.
- Represents Azrom, an Israeli agricultural company, in a series of agreements, including agreements with the local governments in Yunnan and Guangzhou for the construction of large greenhouse projects in China.
- Represented Kamedis, a medical cosmetics company, in the establishment of a joint venture in China, as well as ongoing legal support in all commercial matters, including commercial agreements, employment contracts and taxation issues.
- Represented Shanghai M&G Stationery, a Chinese investor, in its investment in the Israeli company Peleg Design Ltd. in the process of the legal Due Diligence, the drafting of the SPA and other transactions.
- Represented and accompanied a Chinese digital currency company in the establishment of R&D center in Israel, as well as providing advice on investments in Israeli companies.
- Represented a European bank in the examination of contracts in China.
- Represented SITI, a Shanghai based incubator and investment fund, in the establishment of a company in Israel, including providing ongoing consultation on activities and investments in Israel. In addition, she serves as the legal advisor of the Innovation Center at the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park in Pudong, Shanghai.
- Represented Eran Zahavi, an elite Israeli soccer player, before signing an agreement with one of the leading soccer teams in China.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Jiao - Tong University, Shanghai, China C-MBA
- Jiao - Tong University, Shanghai, China Chinese Studies
- LL.M., Ilan University