Tom has a diverse corporate practice. His primary focus is representing owners of private companies as outside general counsel and he has significant experience in playing the role of trusted business advisor and company/personal legal representative. He is actively involved in helping clients identify, develop and implement strategic initiatives to accomplish their short and long term business objectives.
In addition, Tom routinely represents public companies and various institutional clients in a wide array of business transactions and in support of their day-to-day business operations. He regularly advises Boards of Directors, officers and managers, investors and lenders on business-related legal issues arising in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships, debt and equity financings, corporate governance and risk management.
His clients conduct business in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, real estate finance and development, property leasing and management, banking, fine art, e-commerce, digital/mobile media, technology and licensing, entertainment, food and beverage, professional services, luxury and consumer goods, and construction and design services.
Representative Client Work
- Represented Air-City, Inc., a New York-based freight-forwarder and cross-border ecommerce expert, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to SEKO Worldwide, LLC, a global transportation, logistics, freight-forwarding and warehousing company
- Represented The Mid-Island Group, a New York-based graphic arts finishing and bindery company, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a subsidiary of the WestRock Company, a global paper and packaging company
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- J.D., Washington University School of Law
- M.B.A., Washington University John M. Olin School of Business
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Connecticut
- New York City Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- The Legal 500 U.S., 2020
Press ReleaseJune 10, 2020
Sullivan Press ReleaseMay 13, 2019