Scott represents businesses, from early to late stage, with a focus on technology, life sciences and consumer product companies, in connection with angel, seed, venture and other capital financing transactions.
He also provides counsel to clients on acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and other corporate transactions, and has significant experience advising owners of closely-held businesses in internal shareholder buyouts. Scott also provides such businesses with general corporate counsel services on an outsourced basis, which include the negotiation and drafting of license agreements, shareholder buy/sell agreements, employment agreements, stock option and phantom stock option agreements, as well as the registration of U.S. Trademarks.
Scott also represents investment banks, broker-dealers and issuers in public offerings, reverse mergers, PIPEs, private placement financing transactions and corporate mergers and acquisitions. He also handles federal and state securities laws’ regulatory and reporting requirements for public companies.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- J.D., Tulane University Law School
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania
- Member, Committee on Securities Regulation, New York State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Professional Practice Committee, American Bar Association's Section of Intellectual Property Law
Awards & Honors
- The Legal 500 U.S., 2020
Press ReleaseJune 10, 2020
Wall Street Dead aHeadApril 2, 2020
Law360, Mergers & Acquisitions, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Yahoo Finance, Insider MediaSeptember 4, 2019
New York Law Journal, QuotedMay 24, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseMay 22, 2019