Scott leads Sullivan's Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Group and represents entrepreneurs, technology and life science companies and investors, including family offices, in venture financings, M&A and other corporate transactions. He also represents clients in private and public securities offerings and advises on SEC compliance matters, including with respect to token distributions. Scott’s clients are in a number of areas including Internet, Digital Health, Digital Media, Blockchain/Cryptocurrency, Biotech/Life Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, IOT, Data Analytics, Cyber Security and Software.
Scott is a trusted advisor and serves as outside general counsel to a number of his clients and has significant experience advising Israeli hi-tech companies in connection with their business transactions in the United States.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- J.D., with honors, Duke University School of Law
- B.A., with distinction, University of Michigan
Awards & Honors
- The Legal 500 U.S. (2019, 2020)
Client AlertDecember 9, 2020
Press ReleaseJune 10, 2020
Client AlertApril 27, 2020
VC-ListJanuary 14, 2020
Sullivan Press ReleaseMay 30, 2019
The American Lawyer, QuotedApril 29, 2019
GlobesMarch 14, 2019
Securities Law Compliance isn’t just for Public Companies — Practical Guidance for Entrepreneurs and Startups Raising CapitalVC-ListOctober 17, 2018
Seminars & Presentations
- Opportunities and Hurdles for Financial Technology Startups
Silley Circuits Startup/Tech Event (October 7, 2019)
- Journey 2019
Tel Aviv, Israel (September 18, 2019)
- Is Big Data turning out to be mostly Big Hype?
Silley Circuits (June 3, 2019)
- Our Crowd Investor Event
Sullivan Conference Center, New York, NY (May 21, 2019)
- Why Start-ups in Niche Markets Succeed
Silley Circuits Start-up/Tech Event (March 26, 2019)
- The Best of Israeli Tech Is Coming to Boston
Sullivan & Worcester, Boston, MA (December 6, 2018)
- Are There Still Opportunities for Start-Ups in the New York Region?
Sullivan & Worcester, New York, NY (October 22, 2018)
- What is Blockchain, and Why Should I Care?
Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford, CT (June 11, 2018)
- Spring 2018 Pitch Event
St. Andrews Angels of New York (May 22, 2018)
- Data and Cyber Security — Business Threats & Opportunities
Silley Circuits Cyber & Data event (May 7, 2018)
- Surviving as a Start-up in New York
Silley Circuits Start-up/Tech Event (April 23, 2018)