Richard Zelinka serves as a staff attorney in the Real Estate Department of our Boston office. Richard's practice is concentrated in areas of commercial leasing, property management, construction and public contracting. He has represented landlords and tenants, including REITs and other public companies, in the leasing of office, retail, R&D, laboratory and industrial space across the United States, and has represented commercial property owners in connection with a variety of facilities management agreements. In the construction area, he has represented and advised property owners, tenants, contractors and architects.
Prior to joining Sullivan, Richard was Deputy General Counsel for Leasing with the Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management. While at DCAM, he represented the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the acquisition of some 6.5 million square feet of leased space, including leases of state agency headquarters, courthouses, university campuses, biotech labs, prisons and other specialized facilities. Richard also represented the Commonwealth in the ground leasing of state-owned land for private development, served as supervising attorney of the Commonwealth's Contractor Certification Office and the DCAM Bid Section, represented the Commonwealth in numerous bid protests and authored legislation and regulations concerning various aspects of public-building construction.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- J.D., with honors, George Washington University Law School
- B.A., summa cum laude, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Boston Bar Association, Leasing and Construction Law Committees
- Secretary of Administration and Finance, Construction Reform Task Force
- Mayor's Needham Street Advisory Committee, Newton, MA
- Chairman, Village Falls Condominium Board of Trustees