Hannah Fearn is a managing associate in the Trade & Export Finance Practice in the London office of Sullivan & Worcester UK LLP.
Her practice covers trade finance and insurance, advising clients on a wide range of cross-border trade finance transactions in a variety of jurisdictions, with an emphasis on emerging markets. Hannah acts for leading banks advising on secured commodity financings, letter of credit and guarantee issuance facilities, commodity repo structures, trade instruments and receivables financings, including supply chain finance.
Hannah regularly advises banks on risk sharing techniques, including the drafting of sub-participations and credit insurance policies, and has extensive experience advising on the eligibility of different credit risk mitigation techniques for capital relief purposes under Basel III.
Hannah acted for BAFT on the 2018 update of its template Master Participation Agreements (MPAs) for trade transactions and for the International Trade and Forfaiting Association (ITFA) on the drafting of its Credit Risk Insurance (CRI) Policy Template for trade receivables.
She also advises clients on regulatory issues, including sanctions issues arising out of cross-border finance transactions.
In 2022, Hannah was jointly named "Industry Ambassador of the Year" at the RFix Awards 2022 for her work on the ITFA template CRI policy. She is also recognised in the UK Legal 500, 2023 as a 'Rising Star.'
Bar & Court Admissions
- Solicitor, Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course
- University of Nottingham, LLB (hons) Law
Awards & Honors
- RFIx Awards, Joint "Industry Ambassador of the Year" (2022)
- The Legal 500 UK, Trade Finance - London - "Next Generation Lawyer" (2019)
- The Legal 500 UK, Trade Finance - London - "Rising Star" (2020-2023)
Press ReleaseSeptember 28, 2022
Press ReleaseMay 31, 2022
Press ReleaseMay 5, 2022
Press ReleaseMarch 10, 2022
flowMarch 10, 2022
Trade Finance GlobalMarch 9, 2022
Press ReleaseDecember 14, 2021
Sullivan Works With Willis Towers Watson and ITFA Towards a Basel III-Compliant Trade Credit Insurance PolicyPress ReleaseOctober 12, 2021
Press ReleaseOctober 6, 2021
Press ReleaseSeptember 29, 2021
Press ReleaseOctober 1, 2020
September 27, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseSeptember 5, 2019
Trade Finance Global (TFG)September 3, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseJune 28, 2019
Global Trade Review, QuotedJune 25, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseJune 11, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseMay 24, 2019
Sullivan Advises ITFA on its Guide to IFRS 9 for the Trade Receivables and Supply Chain Finance IndustrySullivan Press ReleaseMay 24, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseMay 3, 2019
October 30, 2018
Press ReleaseSeptember 4, 2018
Trade & Forfaiting ReviewJune 30, 2017
Seminars & Presentations
- Issues With Letters of Credit and How to Deal With Them
Trade & Export Finance Webinar (September 22, 2022)
- ITFA 47th Annual Conference
Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, Bristol, UK (October 6, 2021)
- Trade Finance update: recent developments affecting trade finance documentation
Le Restaurant de Paul, London (October 17, 2019)
- Update on the PRA consultation paper — use of insurance and other guarantees for capital relief
Trade Finance Breakfast Seminar (April 25, 2019)
- The new BAFT Master Participation Agreement (English law version) -- All you need to know!
Trade Finance Breakfast Seminar (September 20, 2018)
- Risk Sharing Techniques - Similarities, Differences and Consequences
Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1EN (March 23, 2017)