Hannah’s practice area covers trade and export finance. Hannah has advised on a wide range of cross-border trade finance transactions in a variety of jurisdictions, with an emphasis on emerging markets.
She has acted for leading banks in the market and her experience includes advising on syndicated and bilateral secured pre-export commodity financings, commodity repo structures, letter of credit facilities, trade instruments and receivables financings. Hannah has advised clients on related regulatory issues, including sanctions arising out of cross-border finance transactions. She regularly advises on risk sharing techniques, including guarantees, sub-participations, insurance policies and payment instruments such as standbys and demand guarantees, and on the use of such agreements as credit risk mitigation under the EU’s Capital Requirements Regulation (implementing Basel III).
Hannah is a contributor to A Guide to Receivables Finance, a special report from TFR published by Ark, and has contributed practice notes on a variety of trade finance topics, including commodity financing and capital adequacy for trade finance, to Lexis PSL. In 2011, Hannah spent six months on secondment to the London-based trade finance legal team of a major US bank.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Solicitor, Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course
- University of Nottingham, LLB (hons) Law
Awards & Honors
- The Legal 500 UK, Trade Finance - London - "Next Generation Lawyer" (2019)
- The Legal 500 UK, Trade Finance - London - "Rising Star" (2020-2021)
Press ReleaseOctober 1, 2020
September 27, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseSeptember 5, 2019
Trade Finance Global (TFG)September 3, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseJune 28, 2019
Global Trade Review, QuotedJune 25, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseJune 11, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseMay 24, 2019
Sullivan Advises ITFA on its Guide to IFRS 9 for the Trade Receivables and Supply Chain Finance IndustrySullivan Press ReleaseMay 24, 2019
Sullivan Press ReleaseMay 3, 2019
October 30, 2018
Press ReleaseSeptember 4, 2018
Trade & Forfaiting ReviewJune 30, 2017
Seminars & Presentations
- Trade Finance update: recent developments affecting trade finance documentation
Le Restaurant de Paul, London (October 17, 2019)
- Update on the PRA consultation paper — use of insurance and other guarantees for capital relief
Trade Finance Breakfast Seminar (April 25, 2019)
- The new BAFT Master Participation Agreement (English law version) -- All you need to know!
Trade Finance Breakfast Seminar (September 20, 2018)