Benjamin concentrates on advising publicly traded and privately owned businesses, investment banks and foreign companies who trade or raise capital in the United States, and boards of directors and company officers in securities transactions and corporate governance matters. He has experience on a range of legal issues, including corporate formations, public and private cross-border transactions, private equity and venture capital financings and ongoing corporate governance, disclosure and compliance matters with the SEC, FINRA, and Nasdaq.
He has been involved in numerous public offerings and exchange listings of both private and TASE-listed Israeli companies, and has served domestic and international clients of various sizes across sectors, including technology, financial services, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and real estate.
Benjamin is active in the Jewish community in New York, and frequently advises Israeli start-up companies that seek to have their securities traded in the United States. He served as a Lone Soldier in the Israeli Paratroopers from 2014 to 2016.
Representative Client Work
- Placement Agent counsel in a $100 million initial public offering by a newly organized blank-check special purpose acquisition company
- Placement Agent counsel in a $30 million registered direct offering by a leading plant-based food technology company
- Placement Agent counsel in a $13 million initial public offering by a technology company engaged in the commercialization of transportation safety solutions designed to save lives by preventing car accidents resulting from the use of mobile phones while driving
- Issuer counsel in a $15 million private placement and uplisting to Nasdaq by a clean-energy company that provides Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems to the global industrial and utility markets
- Placement Agent counsel in a $12 million private placement by a mobile health company that develops and markets clinical and consumer medical-grade health monitoring solutions
- Issuer counsel in a $10 million private placement by a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing drugs based on cannabinoid molecules
- Issuer counsel in a $9.2 million initial public offering by a technology company that develops clean electricity from ocean and sea waves
- Placement Agent counsel in a $6.5 million registered direct offering by a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on the development of therapeutics for unmet medical needs in chronic pain, inflammation and fibrosis
- Placement Agent counsel in a $6.5 million private placement by a deep-tech food company at the forefront of the cultured meat industry
- Placement Agent counsel in a $5 million public offering by a fintech crowdfunding company
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, Carswell and Lark-Barranco Scholar
- B.A., Amherst College
- Member, Birthright Israel Excel
- New York Bar Association
Client AlertAugust 31, 2022