Arinze represents regulated institutional investors, including funds of funds, family offices and pension plans, making alternative investments in domestic and offshore special situations, growth, buy-out and real estate private investment funds and co-investments. He also represents fund sponsors in the formation of their private funds, including real estate funds seeking to qualify as "qualified opportunity funds". Arinze also assists clients with secondary private fund transactions for their purchase or sale of portfolios of private fund interests. Outside of his private investment funds practice, Arinze assists charitable organizations with certain contractual matters, including internship, volunteer, services and other contractual agreements.
Arinze is a Goldman Sachs Scholarship for Excellence Award recipient and has been recognized by the Jackie Robinson Foundation as one of its "42 under 40" Distinguished Jackie Robinson Scholar Alumni. Arinze currently serves as a board member of the NYU Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors, co-chairing its External Affairs Committee, and in 2019 he was elected Chairman of the Board of DIFFvelopment, Inc.
Representative Client Work
- Represented institutional investors in numerous primary investments in mid- to large-sized private equity funds with aggregate capital commitments ranging from $200 million to over $20 billion
- Represented a Cayman Islands fund of funds in the acquisition of a large portfolio of fund limited partnership interests, representing capital commitments totaling over $850 million
- Represented a start-up fund sponsor in the structuring and offering of a single-asset real estate fund seeking to raise $7.5 million
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- New Jersey
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.S., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School
- Chair, Board of Directors, DIFFvelopment, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, New York University Law School Alumni Association
Awards & Honors
- "42 under 40" Distinguished Jackie Robinson Scholar Alumni, Jackie Robinson Foundation
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellows Program (2018)
- Goldman Sachs Scholarship for Excellence Award
Press ReleaseFebruary 19, 2019
Opportunity Zones AlertOctober 22, 2018
New York Law JournalMarch 15, 2018
Press ReleaseMarch 6, 2018
Seminars & Presentations
- Sullivan Hosts Project Basta Event
Sullivan Conference Center, New York City (April 9, 2019)