- Of Counsel
- Senior Counsel
- Of Counsel
The Jerusalem PostJune 17, 2019
March 9, 2017
Press ReleaseMarch 10, 2016
Stock News NowSeptember 29, 2014
Sullivan Corporate Partner Named Best Lawyers’ 2015 Boston Corporate Compliance Law "Lawyer of the Year"Press ReleaseAugust 18, 2014
Sullivan's Technology Group represents entrepreneurs, emerging companies, public and private companies, private equity investors and financial institutions in a range of industries, such as communications and telecommunications, information technology and software, new media, entertainment, publishing, biotechnology, energy technology, pharmaceuticals, life sciences and medical devices. By efficiently drawing on our collective areas of expertise, we represent our clients in all aspects of their business, including private equity investments, leveraged buyouts and other debt financings, IPOs and public company regulation, strategic alliances, collaborations, joint ventures, licensing, protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, commercial and intellectual property litigation, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, tax, government contracts, legislative and federal affairs, real estate and environmental and employment and labor.
As a result of the connections we have developed through representations of investors and emerging companies across the country and around the world, we have the ability to be a source of deal flow to our clients, especially in Boston, London, New York, Washington, D.C., and through our affiliation with Har-Even & Co. in Israel. We also introduce investors to each other and to potential corporate partners, resulting in co-investment and strategic relationships, and further extending their deal flow pipeline.
Representative Client Work
- Omzest Group, a major investor in energy technologies based in the Sultanate of Oman in Muscat, in a $25 million Series B preferred stock financing for Ze-gen, Inc., a Boston-based, venture-backed company that uses gasification technology to produce near-zero emissions "syngas" from garbage and other waste products.
- Where, Inc., a developer of location-based applications, in its $11 million Series C financing by Kodiak Venture Partners, GrandBanks Capital and Venrock Capital.
- Fountain Healthcare Partners, an Irish VC firm, in the formation of its €100 million inaugural fund focused on investments in the specialty pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices and diagnostics sectors.
- Ibrix Inc., a Massachusetts-based leader in scalable file-serving solutions, in its acquisition by Hewlett-Packard Company in a reverse triangular merger. The two companies had partnered for three years prior to the merger.
- Dice Career Solutions, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dice Holdings, Inc., an NYSE-listed provider of online job search boards and career fairs focused on technology-based jobs, acquired substantially all of the assets of Intravision Software Inc., a British Columbia-based healthcare-specific online job search boards.
- Emptoris, Inc., a maker of supply and contract management software, in its sale to Marlin Equity Partners for an undisclosed amount.
- Emerging Companies & Venture Capital
- Employment & Benefits
- Intellectual Property
- International Tax
- IP Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate Development