Clarification on Working Capital, Substantial Improvement and Use of Leverage will Drive Investment ActivityOpportunity Zones AlertNovember 9, 2018
Benjamin J. Armour, John G. Balboni, Joseph B. Darby III, John W. Gahan III, Karen J. Kepler, Arinze Onugha, Deirdre M. Robinson, Daniel P. RyanOpportunity Zones AlertOctober 22, 2018
Benjamin J. Armour, John G. Balboni, Ashley H. Brooks, Joseph B. Darby III, John W. Gahan III, Karen J. Kepler, Deirdre M. Robinson, Daniel P. RyanPress ReleaseJune 26, 2018
Sullivan's Private Equity Real Estate Group is a cross-disciplinary team that represents both investors and operators in a wide variety of real estate transactions, including joint ventures, preferred equity, mezzanine and mortgage financings, acquisitions, dispositions, and development, as well as fund formation and structuring. As necessary and appropriate, our lawyers are able to draw upon our real estate, tax, securities, bankruptcy, ERISA, zoning, finance and other skill sets. We have structured investments on behalf of domestic and international clients, involving the full range of asset types, including hotel, office, industrial, retail, multi-family, condominium, affordable, and self-storage. We have also been involved in all stages of a deal, from acquisition through construction/development, recapitalization and ultimate disposition. Certain of our projects involved structuring an on-going “platform” investment for our clients.
By knowing our clients’ industries and their sensitivities, our lawyers demonstrate a strong awareness of the business issues in a transaction, coupled with the fact that we are practical lawyers. We offer solutions and our clients think of us a critical members of their team.
Representative Client Work
- Representation of private real estate fund in over $1 billion of joint venture transactions across the United States in all asset classes
- Representation of global institutional fund with respect to programmatic joint venture transactions with industrial operators throughout the Midwest
- Representation of private equity fund in the workout and recapitalization of an affordable housing developer involving approximately 100 properties
- Representation of a hedge fund in the establishment of several platform investments involving self-storage, multi-family and development/ground up projects
- Representation of private equity group in the purchase of assets out of a bankruptcy proceeding involving over 100 properties
- Representation of multiple funds in their structuring of their “GP – Box” investments, including the negotiation of various side letters pertaining to such investments
- Currently forming an open-end private real estate fund holding non-conventional real estate targeting both U.S. and non-U.S. investors and investments, with an expected first close in excess of $500 million in commitments
- Representation of private equity fund sponsor/operator in adding a private REIT sleeve to the existing fund structure, in formation of entire follow-on fund structure, and in SEC compliance matters
- Representation of private equity fund in joint venture dispositions of multiple office, hotel and garage assets
- Representation of private equity fund in multiple acquisitions of hotel, office and condominium development assets and acquisitions and dispositions of stabilized office assets