The 2017 Tax Act
Sullivan Conference Center, Boston, MA
January 31, 2018
Sullivan hosted the event "Tax Mania: The New Trump Tax Plan" on January 31, 2017. The event provided in-depth coverage into the nuances of the Trump tax bill.
- New lower tax rates for corporations – and some early ideas on how to take advantage of the new rules
- Individual tax rates will drop for most taxpayers – but learn what you can do to make sure you benefit
- Dramatic – and complicated – changes to S corporation and the LLC taxation
- Net Investment Income Tax (NIIT) planning gets even more complicated! (How is that even possible?)
- Does everyone really get a reduced tax rate on all that offshore cash and other selected international tax questions?
- Many “tried and true” tax strategies are no longer true, while other tax strategies are new and need to be tried
- Should everyone incorporate, including children and pets?
- Alimony payments will no longer be deductible – divorce just got worse
- A thoughtful reflection on possible new business strategies going forward
- Federal estate planning opportunities just doubled (in lifetime exemption and GST amounts)