Women in Digital Roundtable
Sullivan's New York Office
December 10, 2019
The roundtable brought together leading women in digital media for a candid conversation sharing insights in adtech with today's current and future leaders.
Topics discussed included:
- Building your own personal brand
- Negotiating your worth
- Mentor/mentee relationship in the workplace
- Becoming a manager and a leader
- Positioning yourself for career moves and pivots
- Being a woman in digital can be a tremendous advantage. How can women do this more effectively? Showing up and standing out
- Is it easier to get away with "fluff" as a male vs. a female (seller, operations lead or planner/buyer)? Are the expectations the same with knowing your respective materials?
- There seems to be a confidence gap for women vs men - why do women in the workplace feel they need to prove themselves?
- Apologies vs direct language - women in tech need to be more precise and direct. How can that communication skill be developed at scale for women in tech?
- The rise of female leadership within the ad tech space and how it's changing the ecosystem - both buy side and supply side perspective