Is Supply Side Innovation the Missing Piece in the Digital Advertising Ecosystem?
ZAG/Sullivan's New York Office hosted the roundtable discussion, "Is Supply Side Innovation the Missing Piece in the Digital Advertising Ecosystem?", an event sponsored by Rivr on June 6, 2018.
Founders, CEOs and industry thought leaders had an open and candid discussion where thought-provoking ideas were exchanged among leading digital media industry professionals. Topics addressed included:
- Publisher alliances, and why they haven’t delivered on their promise
- Consolidation in the industry, especially on the supply side, e.g. Snap & Metamarkets, Rubicon & NToggle
- Blockchain being applied to digital advertising — a welcome degree of complexity that will add value or just hype
- Necessary complexity — selective application of technology to support/enhance human activities, not replace them, i.e. RTB, big data analysis, etc.
- If simplicity of technology should be used where humans need to interface with technology, or rather at the intersection of manual and automation — like in set-up, execution and reporting