African Opportunities and Challenges for the Receivables Finance Sector
Geoffrey Wynne was a panelist at the RFIx - Receivables Finance International Convention 2021, sponsored by BCR.
Receivables financing is a key catalyst for business and ecomonic growth in Africa with strong potential for increases in both one and two-way intra-African and global trade. Geoff's panel, "African Opportunities and Challenges for the Receivables Finance Sector," explored the following:
- How deep, transparent, robust and accessible are the financial markets across Africa?
- The level of risk across the continent's countries
- The fragmented nature of players in the African financial markets
- The banking system, returns on African markets and diversification opportunities
- The potential for rapid adoption of new technologies in the African market
- Is post-shipment financing enough?
- The state of the receivables finance market and its potential for growth