Advanced Basics: Retirement & Welfare Benefits To Boost Your Business
David Guadagnoli and Amy Sheridan will present, "Advanced Basics: Retirement & Welfare Benefits To Boost Your Business," at a program sponsored by NEEBC.
Date: September 28, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 11:30 am (EDT)
Networking: 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Hybrid In-Person/Virtual Program, Waltham Woods Conference Center, Waltham, MA
* A discounted rate of $175 is available to our clients and colleagues who are not already members of NEEBC. Enter the discount code Sullivan when registering.
Innovation has brought incredible changes to the benefits arena, but it is easy to lose sight of retirement and welfare compliance basics. With the pandemic teaching us all a hard lesson in the risks of complacency, the time has come to step back and think holistically about your benefits menu.
David and Amy will be panelists at this program, designed as a "lite" approach to technical and compliance issues faced by for profit and not for profit clients. They will use case studies to demonstrate when and how benefits dollars can be used to their maximum effect. Attend this program to:
- Learn a wide range of old and new techniques, tried, true and tested under the tax law and ERISA for maximizing benefits dollars and avoiding critical footfaults
- Learn through case studies, including M&A scenarios involving the seismic effects a purchase or sale can have on a business’s existing benefits
- How an employer maximized its retirement plan savings for employees by fine-tuning its 401(k) plan and adding a cash balance plan
- How a nonprofit seeking to adopt a 457(f) arrangement ended up with a far better tax-qualified plan solution
- Managing benefits transitions in an M&A transaction in which a small, benefits-rich employer acquires a significantly larger, lower-margin employer
- Managing health care costs using self-insured plans and ICHRAs
- Innovative thinking about health savings accounts
- How a deferred compensation plan became the solution for a leadership team after all the tax-favored solutions were exhausted
To learn more and to register, please visit NEEBC.