Data Breach: NOW What Do You Do?
Sullivan & Worcester hosted a seminar, "Data Breach: NOW What Do You Do?" sponsored by the Association of Corporate Counsel's Northeast Chapter.
There are numerous immediate challenges in-house lawyers must tackle when their client suffers a data breach. Using a fictional data breach to set the stage, various action items were presented, from in-house counsel and a forensic consultant trying to contain and remediate the breach and provide the requisite notifications, to external counsel positioning the company to fend off claims, to plaintiffs' counsel pursuing potential claims, to insurers addressing coverage issues, to regulators addressing enforcement issues.
- Gerry Silver, Partner, Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- James Farnsworth, Associate General Counsel and Chief Privacy Counsel, Capgemini North America, Inc.
- Gant Redmon, Vice President of Business Development and General Counsel, Resilient Systems, Inc.
- Matthew Field, New England Practice Leader, Woodruff Sawyer
- Sara Cable, Director, Data Privacy & Security, Assistant Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, Office of Attorney General Maura Healey