Sullivan Opens Application Period for 1L Diversity Transactional Summer Associate Fellowship
Boston, MA - After the success of Sullivan & Worcester’s inaugural 1L Diversity Transactional Summer Associate Program in 2021, the firm has announced that applications are now being accepted for The Sullivan & Worcester 1L Diversity Transactional Summer Associate Fellowship Program through February 1, 2022. The program, revised for 2022 as a compensated fellowship, provides a unique opportunity to a talented first year law student interested in pursuing a career as a transactional real estate or corporate attorney focusing primarily on real estate companies. The position offers direct exposure to a Sullivan client’s in-house legal department, enabling access to the multiple facets of a transactional legal practice.
The Sullivan & Worcester 1L Diversity Transactional Summer Associate Fellowship Program further illustrates the firm’s recognition that to provide clients with world class legal service, diversity of ideas, backgrounds and experience are essential. Our commitment to diversity is one of the firm’s most important core values. We aspire to recruit, retain, and promote talented individuals representing the full spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age and physical ability.
The 1L summer associate will spend half of the summer working in Sullivan’s Boston office and the other half working in the legal department at the client’s offices in the Greater Boston area. The 1L summer associate will be a member of the Sullivan summer associate program and will receive the same compensation and participate in the same social activities as other Sullivan summer associates. 1L summer associates who successfully complete the 1L Diversity Summer Associate Fellowship Program will receive offers to participate in Sullivan’s Summer Associate Program following their 2L year and will be considered for a permanent position following graduation from law school.
1L summer associates accepted into the program will also be eligible to earn an additional $15,000:
- $5,000 will be awarded upon completion of the 1L Diversity Summer Associate Fellowship Program; and
- $10,000 will be awarded upon returning for and completing the 2L Summer Associate Program.
Applications will be accepted through February 1, 2022, but are encouraged to be submitted as soon as possible.
- Complete Online Application
- Official Law School Transcript
- Official Undergraduate Transcript
- Writing Sample
- Personal Statement of 500 words or less describing (i) your interest in practicing transactional real estate or corporate law and (ii) how you have supported and would help support diversity, equity and inclusion in your legal community or the legal profession
- Academic Achievement at an ABA Accredited Law School
- Demonstrated Commitment to Promoting Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Legal Profession
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- A Sincere Interest in Practicing at Sullivan after Graduation
Sullivan & Worcester (Sullivan) is a leading AmLaw 200 law firm. With over 200 attorneys in Boston, London, New York, Tel Aviv and Washington, DC, they guide organizations that are rewriting the rules. Sullivan’s clients, including Fortune 500 companies and emerging businesses, rely on Sullivan’s strategic vision, comfort with complexity and intense focus on results. As a global law firm, Sullivan’s reach extends beyond the United States. Sullivan has represented clients around the world and has a deep bench for working on a variety of matters and issues affecting clients globally.