Opportunity Zone Regulations – White Paper
Federal tax legislation introduced Opportunity Zones, a community reinvestment tool designed to use tax incentives to drive long-term investment to rural and low-income urban communities throughout the nation. The Opportunity Zone program is the first new national community investment program in over 15 years and has the potential to be the largest economic development program in the U.S. This broad legislation will benefit many stakeholders from individual taxpayers to developers and fund sponsors.
View the white paper written by Sullivan's Opportunity Zones Practice Group attorneys, which provides an overview of Opportunity Zones and includes the following topics:
- The Impact of the OZ Act
- Understanding the OZ Act
- What is a Qualified Opportunity Zone?
- What is a Qualified Opportunity Fund?
- What is a Qualified Opportunity Zone Business?
- What is Qualified Opportunity Zone Property?
- What is Qualified Oportunity Zone Business Property?
- Early Investing
- Final Regulations
- Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic