The Legal Secretary will support attorneys in a secretarial capacity and also work as a key team player.
Duties and responsibilities
- Compose, edit and proofread correspondence and other documents
- Develop a strong understanding of attorneys' practice and clients, including maintaining up-to-date calendar entries and meetings, client contacts, and client matter lists
- Assist attorneys with the client billing process by opening new matters, drafting engagement letters, and reviewing or editing client billing invoices
- Creation and maintenance of files and e-files
- Make travel arrangements as needed
- Process and reconcile expense reports in a timely and proficient manner
- 3-5 years work experience with a law firm (preferably real estate)
- College degree or combination of relevant experience required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as have experience with document management systems
- Strong administrative and organizations skills; ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks with accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills and the ability to collaborate well in a team environment
- Ability to take initiative and be pro-active to assist attorneys and anticipate their needs
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, and to accept direction on given assignments
- Must be dependable and be able to prioritize workload to meet all deadlines
Sullivan is a leading corporate law firm advising clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses. With more than 200 lawyers in Boston, London, New York, Tel Aviv and Washington, D.C., the firm offers services in a wide range of areas, including corporate finance, banking, trade finance, securities and mutual funds, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, tax, real estate and REITs, private equity and venture capital, bankruptcy, environment and natural resources, regulatory law, and employment and benefits.
We welcome inquiries from all who are interested in learning more about our firm. For additional information please direct inquiries to:
Sullivan & Worcester LLP
One Post Office Square
Boston, MA 02109
Attn: Human Resources
Sullivan is a diverse and team-oriented law firm.