We are looking for an HR Coordinator to join our dynamic team. The HR Coordinator provides administrative support to the HR Department and is responsible for handling a wide range of tasks including record keeping, legal and staff recruiting, onboarding/off boarding, benefits administration, HR reporting and other special projects as needed. This is a hybrid role based in our Boston office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure maintenance of accurate employee records
- Review, audit, and code HR Department invoices
- Work closely with the Director of HR and Operations to ensure legal administrative assistant coverage for attorney support
- Provide assistance to partners and employees regarding questions about benefits, policies and other HR-related matters
- Assist in coordinating firm events relating to human resources, such as our benefits fair, staff summer outing, wellness initiatives, etc.
- Assist with Benefits by:
- Reviewing, auditing, and coding firm invoices including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, AD&D, BlueBikes, WageWorks, etc.
- Preparing COBRA letters as well as administering and managing COBRA participation
- Administering and tracking all changes for yearly open enrollment process
- Ordering and processing payments for UK monthly vouchers
- Adding participants to the WageWorks employer website
- Assisting team with open enrollment, benefits fairs and other activities as needed
- Assist with Recruiting and Onboarding by:
- Posting open positions and assisting in scheduling interviews
- Drafting offer letters
- Processing background check forms
- Adding new hires into firm’s HRIS
- Coordinating on-boarding schedule and activities for new hires including I9 verification, creating new hire packets, confirming orientation schedules
- Support Director of Legal Recruiting with the planning of firm recruiting events
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years of relevant work experience required. Experience working in a law firm or other professional services environment is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientation with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage diverse workload and work in agile manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and technology (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with HRIS, particularly with UltiPro, preferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Familiarity with HR processes is a plus
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our dynamic team. The HR Manager is responsible for driving our HR processes including recruiting, onboarding, performance and development, compliance, employee relations and benefits. In addition, the HR Manager provides coaching, mentoring and guidance to staff as well as participates in special projects as needed. This is a hybrid role primarily based in our Boston office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads recruitment efforts for professional staff by:
- Working with relevant directors and/or managers to review and update job descriptions prior to posting
- Working with HR Coordinator and/or HR Generalist to review, screen and track applicants
- Overseeing interview process with relevant leaders including drafting interview guides and consulting on candidate selection
- Reviews results of background checks for all new hires
- Oversees the HR Coordinator and/or HR Generalist in planning and executing onboarding process
- Drives the performance and development of professional staff by:
- Partnering with directors and/or managers to ensure that goals and expectations are being set and that feedback is provided throughout the year
- Facilitating the year end review process by collecting self-evaluations and feedback from the relevant leaders
- In partnership with the Director of HR & Operations, facilitates the annual compensation review process for all professional staff below Director level
- Promotes an “open door culture” and manages employee relations in consultation with the Director of HR & Operations
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations including the timely and accurate filing of EEO-1 and other required reporting
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of HR related requests including background checks and employment verifications
- Coordinates updating of the policy manuals in partnership with relevant leaders
- Works with IT to ensure that HR intranet site and all relevant HR information is updated
- Oversees coverage management of Legal Administrative Assistants, ensuring sufficient attorney support
- Assists Director of HR & Operations on mentoring, coaching and developing of the HR Coordinator and Generalist
- Plans and coordinates firm-wide events such as Administrative Professional’s Day, summer outing and long-service dinner
- May be assigned additional projects including employee surveys, HR analytics and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a HR generalist role required. Experience in legal industry or professional services environment preferred
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively, calmly and quickly under pressure
- Ability to build relationships and work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Experience utilizing HRIS systems required; UltiPro knowledge a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills as well as social perceptiveness
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality
The User Support Analyst is primarily responsible for providing first level phone and email support on a variety of technical issues involving both hardware and software. The User Support Analyst is the first line of support and is responsible for initial evaluation, troubleshooting and problem solving and/or escalating to appropriate staff if higher level of technology support is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the most common duties/responsibilities of the position:
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Logs all help desk calls or email requests into the current IT TrackIt System and updates incident and/or service request information
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves problems with a goal of 85% First Call Resolution
- Escalates appropriately when necessary
- Follows up, ensuring the issue is resolved or the request is satisfied
- Provides excellent customer service and practices total contact ownership from acknowledgement to closure
- Contributes to the good of the IT Department and the entire firm
- Some end user training may be required
- Other duties as necessary
Qualifications and Job Requirements
The following are some of the most common technologies used in the offices that would be supported by the Help Desk Analyst:
- Dell desktops and laptops
- Windows 10, Office 365, ChangePro, NetDocuments (DMS), Kofax Power PDF Advanced
- Zoom for phone and meetings, as well as Zoom Room technology in conference rooms
- Mobile device support including iOS, Android, Windows, Citrix Remote Desktop Services on all platforms, as well as VPN on Firm issued laptops
- Demonstrable working knowledge of PCs/MACs; peripherals, operating systems and software including Windows/Office365; iOS/Android
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both oral & written)
- Customer service experience desired
- Ability to multi-task and good time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, ability to triage incidents, problems, and tasks
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently
Associates or Undergraduate degree in Information Systems or related field preferred.
Regular schedule will be from 10:00AM-6:00PM with some overtime and one on-call rotation every four weeks. May be times you need to cover/swap other shifts, if needed.
We are currently on a hybrid schedule with 3 days in the office and 2 days remote working, but this is subject to change at any time depending on changes in firm policy.
May require some weekends and nights.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, workstation, or server equipment.
To apply for any of these positions, please send your resume to HR (HrDept@sullivanlaw.com).
Sullivan is a leading corporate law firm advising clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses. With more than 200 lawyers in Boston, London, New York, Tel Aviv and Washington, D.C., the firm offers services in a wide range of areas, including corporate finance, banking, trade finance, securities and mutual funds, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, tax, real estate and REITs, private equity and venture capital, bankruptcy, environment and natural resources, regulatory law, and employment and benefits.
We welcome inquiries from all who are interested in learning more about our firm. For additional information please direct inquiries to:
Sullivan & Worcester LLP
One Post Office Square
Boston, MA 02109
Attn: Human Resources
Sullivan & Worcester LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Sullivan & Worcester LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, physical and mental disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws.