Corporate Governance Regulatory Compliance Checklist
The following is a brief sample of just a few of the areas we explore when conducting a Corporate Governance compliance and best practices review. For more information on the complete audit checklist, or to discuss questions or concerns specific to your organization, please contact Howard Berkenblit.
Board of Directors and their Committees
- Do all independent directors meet required criteria?
- Are all committees appropriately comprised and functioning effectively?
- How does the Board oversee risk management?
- Is the Board adequately protected through indemnification and insurance arrangements?
- What should the Company do to address Dodd-Frank rules such as say-on-pay, clawback policies and pay ratio disclosures?
- Has the Company set up and monitored required policies such as whistleblower procedures, non-audit service fee approvals and related person transaction approvals?
- Are consultants used and overseen appropriately?
- Are equity grants properly and timely approved and documented?
- Does the Company have an effective policy to prevent insider trading?
- Does the Company have a compliant code of ethics and are officers, directors and employees educated about the code?
Disclosure and Reporting Practices
- Are the Company’s controls and procedures adequate?
- Does the Company assist insiders to ensure timely reporting and avoidance of short-swing profits?
- Does the Company’s website have required governance and SEC documents?
© 2019 Sullivan & Worcester LLP. Because sound legal advice must necessarily take into account all relevant facts and developments in the law, the information you will find on this page is not intended to constitute legal advice or a legal opinion as to any particular matter.